The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) revealed its annual list of Top 10 Most Frequently Cited Standards for Fiscal Year 2021, which ended on September 30, 2021.
OSHA publishes this list to alert employers about these commonly cited standards so they can take steps to find and fix recognized hazards addressed in these and other standards. Far too many preventable injuries and illnesses are still occurring in the workplace!
The Top 10 Most Frequently Cited Standard Violations for FY 2021 were:
- Fall Protection, general requirements (29 CFR 1926.501) – 5,295 violations
- Respiratory Protection, general industry (29 CFR 1910.134) – 2,527 violations
- Ladders, construction (29 CFR 1926.1053) – 2,026 violations
- Scaffolding, general requirements, construction (29 CFR 1926.451) – 1,948 violations
- Hazard Communication Standard, general requirements (29 CFR 1910.1200) – 1,947 violations
- Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout), general requirements (29 CFR 1910.147) – 1,698 violations
- Fall Protection – Training Requirements (29 CFR 1926.503) – 1,666 violations
- Eye and Face Protection (29 CFR 1926.102) – 1,452 violations
- Powered Industrial Trucks, general requirements (29 CFR 1910.178) – 1,420 violations
- Machinery and Machine Guard, general requirements (29 CFR 1910.212) – 1,113 violations
For over thirty-four years, Allegro has been meeting the safety demands of various industries, including chemical, manufacturing, steel and metals, and municipal services. Our commitment to safety is demonstrated in our high-quality product lines and our continuous efforts to innovate our designs and production methods.
Contact us today to find out how Allegro products can help provide a safe working environment for your workers today!